Call for Volunteer Educators: Dr. Sandra Delson Community Engagement Team
The Harriet and Kenneth Kupferberg Holocaust Center (KHC) is now accepting applications for its 2nd annual Dr. Sandra Delson Community Engagement Team (DCET) cohort. DCET volunteers will support the mission of the KHC – to use the lessons of the Holocaust to educate current and future generations about the ramifications of unbridled prejudice, racism, and stereotyping. Volunteers will provide exhibition tours and informational sessions to students, community groups, and general visitors to the Center.
Application Process and Time Commitment
- Interested persons must submit a brief application by May 15th, 2018 to be considered for inclusion in the 2018 cohort.
- Potential applicants will be contacted for brief interviews.
- Once accepted, the initial 25-30 hours of training will take place over the course of 4 days in the second half of June. Training will familiarize participants with the KHC and its exhibitions, and provide a general history of the Holocaust and other genocides.
- After successfully completing the training, DCET members will commit to leading at least one educational visit and tour each month.
- DCET Educators will be required to attend periodic trainings over time to keep up to date on Holocaust education practices and new KHC exhibitions and projects.
Applications for the 2018 Dr. Sandra Delson Community Engagement Team are available by request only.
If you are interested in applying, please email email@example.com to receive the application or call (718) 281-5770.
All applications must be received by May 15th, 2018.