image description

Project-Based Fellowship Spotlight

QCC Student, Joel George, reflects on his experience as a Fellow during the Fall 2017 semester at the Kupferberg Holocaust Center.

My Fellowship at the Kupferberg Holocaust Center was a valuable experience. Under the leadership and mentorship of the Executive Director of the Center, Dr. Dan Leshem, I was able to gain the opportunity to work on the website for the new exhibit at the KHC, “Conspiracy of Goodness.” This experience was like none other I have ever had, because my work was published on the Center’s website as part of the virtual exhibit. At first, the task seemed intimidating and I wondered if I was really ready for the assignment, but with guidance and support from Dr. Leshem and Mrs. Pearl Halegua, the fellowship mentors, I was able to complete a timeline of events for the new exhibit.

The detailed timeline I created covers various aspects of life in Le Chambon-sur-Lignon, outlining centuries of history that are necessary for understanding the story of rescue and resistance on the Plateau Vivarais-Lignon. By taking on this project as a KHC Fellow, I gained familiarity with being in an office setting, consulting a team of peers while working on our individual projects, using the WordPress Content Management System, and researching and analyzing information to populate a website format. This experience gave me a better understanding of the type of career environment I want to pursue. I am thankful that I was able to take advantage of this opportunity and would encourage any students who are thinking about applying for a fellowship to step out of their comfort zone and take steps towards a more fulfilling future.

Click here to view Joel George’s timeline project.

Comments

comments